About Me

My photo
Woman, Wife, Mom, Student, Airman, Runner, Follower of Love, Compassion, Truth, Mercy, and Kindness.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Reflection - Blogs in Education

Learning about blogs and the application of blogs in education has been an exciting and enlightening experience. I have learned that blogs are a great communication tool. They are a way to manage and maintain a flow of information enhanced and supplemented by multi-media and links. With design features and settings, they are a great option to consider in place of a personal website. Blogs are interactive and allow for comments and feedback. As a teacher, I plan on using a blog as a communication tool with students and parents.

With respect to my overall experience, it's amazing how building, creating, and thinking facilitate such a rewarding experience. This class has allowed for familiarization and the development of confidence with technology and related tools to enhance classroom education. I feel such a sense of accomplishment ending the class with my own blog and portfolio of my experience. What a motivating way to encourage ownership and engagement. The structure of this class has made learning easy as it allowed my creative juices and my own thoughts to develop with ease and interest (Some good Intrinsic motivation). What a great application of how we, as teachers, want to motivate and create interest in our students. We want them to take ownership of their lives, their learning, and understand the great rewards and benefits that await them as they pursue learning as a life long venture. Thanks Denvy for this experience, your wisdom, and the way you have guided and facilitated learning in this class. Thank you to all my colleagues for your reflective words, passing on of learning and information, and for enhancing my learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. And thank you Heather for all your great posts! Hands on experience may just be the best there is. Or in my case, trial and error!

    ReplyDelete